1. Diagnosis, screening and assessment in autism and related disorders (early identification and diagnosis, ability patterns, receptive language, misdiagnosis, siblings, children with physical and neurological disabilities).
2. Behavioural interventions in autism and related disorders (early identification and intervention, parent training, follow-up of children in early intervention programs).
3. Dissemination of "best practices" in autism diagnosis and intervention in our community. To increase community capacity (early identification and intervention, parent training, social support).
1. A positive approach to behavioural interventions. I teach 02-46-427: Methods of Behavioural Change.
2. Inspiring the next generation of Psychologists, Teachers, Parents, Behaviour Therapists and others to work with, parent, teach and encourage children with typical development or Autism Spectrum Disorders, other Developmental Disabilities, and behavioural challenges. I teach 02-46-428: Practicum in Developmental Disabilities.
Office: Room 172 Chrysler Hall South, Sunset Ave., Windsor, ON
Office Hours: Tuesdays, 1:40 to 3:40 p.m., or email for appointment