|ODETTE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS|
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEGREE (FAST-TRACK PROGRAM)
Other criteria which will apply for Fast Track MBA:
- GMAT exam – satisfactory achievement in all segments and a satisfactory total score.
- GMAT may be waived at the discretion of the MBA - Professional Accounting Specialization Program Director
- Achievement of a satisfactory score on an appropriate and well recognized English language proficiency test for students whose first language is not English
- Satisfactory performance on personal interview
- Two appropriate letters of reference
- Minimum average of 70% in their previous academic degree and minimum average of 75% in the past twenty courses
- Successful completion of B.Comm and of all required undergraduate accounting prerequisite courses (i.e. Odette Undergraduate CPA Path) or equivalents
- Successful completion of the Odette PGCA and of the undergraduate accounting prerequisite courses or equivalent
- Students cannot enter the professional accounting specialization without undergraduate accounting prerequisites (i.e. Odette Undergraduate CPA Path or equivalent)
Students entering the Fast Track MBA in the Fall will complete all prescribed course offerings in the Fall, Winter and Summer semesters. In the event a student does not receive credit for completing the course, the student will need to complete the same course in a later semester.
- Students cannot transfer from the Fast Track MBA to enter the integrated 14-month MBA.
- Credit transfer for the Fast Track MBA non-accounting concentrations is considered based on evaluation of undergraduate transcripts and work experience. The determination for credit transfer is granted by the MBA Program Director.
Master of Business Administration with Professional Accounting Specialization
The Fast Track MBA with Professional Accounting Specialization is specifically designed for students pursuing their CPA Designation who have met the requirements for entry into PEP/CPA Accredited Program.
Total Courses: 11 (or 33 credit hours)
a) 7 Required Courses:
BUSI-8010. Interpersonal Dynamics
STEN-8980. Strategic Management
ACCT-8010. Advanced Topics in Financial ReportingACCT-8020. Advanced Topics in Management Accounting ACCT-8070. Integration and Team Building ACCT-8080. Integrative Case AnalysisBUSI-8673-01. Special Topics: Business Management
b) Plus 4 of 6 electives:ACCT-8030. Performance ManagementACCT-8040. Advanced Topics in FinanceACCT-8050. Advanced Audit and AssuranceACCT-8060. Advanced Topics in Taxation
BUSI-8610. Business Law
BUSI-8673-02. Special Topics: Business Management
Notes: 1)ACCT-8010 and ACCT-8020 are prerequisites for ACCT-8030, ACCT-8040, ACCT-8050, ACCT-8060 or BUSI-8610.
2) ACCT-8070 and ACCT-8080 are co-requisite courses that are restricted to MBA-PAS students who have completed ACCT-8010,ACCT-8020, BUSI-8010, STEN-8980, BUSI-8673-01,ACCT-8030,ACCT-8040,ACCT-8050,ACCT-8060 or BUSI-8610.
-Must have a cumulative average of 70%.
-Must not have more than one course under 70%
-Must obtain a minimum grade of 70% in ACCT-8070
-Must obtain a minimum grade of 70% in ACCT-8080
ODETTE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS: COURSES
ODETTE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS: PROGRAMS
GRADUATE STUDIES FACULTY REGULATIONS