|MASTER'S THESIS/MAJOR PAPER REQUIREMENTS SYNOPSIS|
1) Thesis or Major Paper format must be as prescribed by Guidelines for Major Papers, Theses, and Dissertations.
2) Copies of the thesis for Master's degree must be provided to all committee members, and one copy to the chair of the defense at least two weeks before the oral presentation prior to the Convocation at which the candidate has applied to receive the degree.
3) Public notice of the defense must be received in the Office of Graduate Studies at least eight days in advance of the defense date.
4) Following successful defense, the candidate will deposit copies of the thesis in the Office of Graduate Studies for binding and distribution (two for the Leddy Library, and one for the academic unit).
5) The candidate will validate Form NL/BN59/02, supplied by the Office of Graduate Studies , authorizing the National Library to produce single copies. The title page of the thesis, or a separate page following, must bear the Universal Copyright Convention symbol ©, full name of author, and year the Master's degree was granted.
6) Copyright application and microproduction by the National Library do not apply for the major paper. Two copies are required to be deposited in the Office of Graduate Studies (one for the Leddy Library, one for the program).
7) Fees for the above are to be paid at the time of deposit of the thesis or major paper in the Office of Graduate Studies .