|ODETTE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS|
M.B.A FOR MANAGERS AND PROFESSIONALS
The M.B.A for Managers and Professionals is an accelerated program geared toward students who are employed full-time and have accumulated significant experience in management and business practices. For additional information contact the Centre for Executive Education at www.uwindsor.ca/execed.
1) Four-year (honours) undergraduate degree;
2) Three years of work experience in managerial or professional positions;
3) Applicants must achieve a satisfactory score on the GMAT to be granted admission to the MBA for Managers and Professionals. Applicants who hold an M.B.A from a non-Canadian University or a Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in any discipline will not be required to write the GMAT. The GMAT requirement may be waived for applicants who can demonstrate the following: (1) Successful performance in a job that has an extensive quantitative component (comptroller, quality assurance supervisor, engineer, etc.); and (2) a B average or better in an undergraduate degree that emphasizes quantitative skills (such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, and the like), or performance at the B or better level in a recent Mathematics or Statistics course at a recognized University. The GMAT will strengthen the application.
4) An applicant whose first language is not English and who has not worked in an English-speaking environment for at least three years would have to demonstrate adequate command of English by an appropriate score on the TOEFL, CAEL, or other recognized test;
5) Satisfactory performance on a personal interview. Interviews will be conducted for prospective students.
Students with an Honours B.Comm.
Applicants who have a four-year B.Comm. or equivalent business degree could be admitted directly to the second year of the Professional M.B.A if they meet the above criteria and furthermore:
(a) have completed their degree no more than five years before the cut-off date for applications;
(b) had an average grade of B or higher in their program.
Total courses: 20
As with the regular M.B.A. program, all required courses are offered by the Odette School of Business Administration. In this program students will follow a prescribed sequence of courses in cohort fashion, with no electives - an approach that is not uncommon in M.B.A. programs directed at working managers and executives.
Courses are scheduled on alternate weekends; contact time is supplemented by Web-based instruction and team assignments. Students complete two courses concurrently before moving to the next two courses.
77-521. Core Concepts of Accounting I
77-522. Introduction to Financial Management
77-523. Quantitative Techniques in Management
77-524. Managing People in Organizations
77-525. Business Research Methods
77-531. Core Concepts of Accounting II
77-532. Financial Management
77-533. Management Information Systems
77-534. Managing Human Resources
77-535. Marketing Management
77-620. Reporting, Analyzing, and Using Accounting Information
77-621. Leadership and Organizational Change
77-623. Maximizing the Value of the Organization
77-624. Managing in the International Arena
77-625. Strategic Management
77-626. Strategic Implementation for Technologies Management
77-627. Business Negotiation and Problem Solving
77-628. Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
77-629. Current Issues in Business
ODETTE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS: COURSES
ODETTE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS: PROGRAMS
ODETTE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS: INSTRUCTORS
GRADUATE STUDIES FACULTY REGULATIONS