FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Bachelor of Science (General Science)
Total courses: thirty.
Major requirements: 18 courses
(a) two sets of six courses from two different Departments or School as listed: Biological Sciences: 55-140 and 55-141; and *four 55-xxx courses at the 200 level or above Chemistry and Biochemistry: 59-140 and 59-141; and *four 59-xxx courses at the 200 level or above
· Computer Science: 60-140 and 60-141; and *four 60-xxx courses at the 200 level or above
· Environmental Science: 66-140 and 66-141; and *four 66-xxx courses at the 200 level or above
· Economics: 41-110 and 41-111; and *four 41-xxx courses at the 200 level or above
· Mathematics and Statistics: 62-140 (or 62-139) and 62-141; and *four 62-xxx or 65-xxx courses at the 200 level or above
· Physics: 64-140 and 64-141; and *four 64-xxx courses at the 200 level or above
*NOTE: These courses must satisfy the Major Requirements for a degree program in the Department or School.
(b) one set of two courses from a third Department or School as listed:
· Biological Sciences: 55-140 and 55-141
(c) four Science courses at the 300 level or above which satisfy the Major requirements for a degree program of the Department or School in the Faculty of Science that offers the courses.
· Chemistry and Biochemistry: 59-140 and 59-141
· Computer Science: 60-140 and 60-141, or 60-104 and 60-205, or 60-106 and 60-205
· Environmental Science: 66-140 and 66-141
· Economics: 41-110 and 41-111
· Mathematics and Statistics: one of 62-130, 62-139, or 62-140 and one of 62-141 or 65-205
· Physics: 64-140 and 64-141 or 64-130 and 64-131
Other requirements: 12 courses
(a) four courses from Arts/Languages and Social Sciences, with at least one from each, and
(b) eight courses from any area of study excluding 55-100, 55-101, 59-110, 62-101, 62-102 and 62-194
Calculation of Major Average
Consistent with the University of Windsor regulations, the major average is calculated from the grades of all Science courses, excluding the grades obtained in the following courses that cannot be used to fulfill the major requirements in the Department or School offering the course: 55-100, 55-101, 55-212, 59-110, 59-191, 59-201, 59-232, 59-263, 60-207, 60-270, 60-305, 60-336, 66-110, 66-111, 66-210, 66-213,66-214, 62-101, 62-102, 62-194, 64-114, 64-115, 64-190, 64-191, 64-202, 64-203 and 66-201.
Standing Required for Continuation in the B.Sc. (General Science) Program
Standing Required for Graduation from the B.Sc. (General Science) Program
In order to graduate from the B.Sc. (General Science) program, a student must obtain a cumulative average of 5.0 or better in all courses and an average of 5.0 or better in all required Faculty of Science courses in these programs.
Students receiving the B.Sc. (General Science) degree will have the designation, "General Science" respectively indicated on their transcripts.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE: PROGRAMS
FACULTY OF SCIENCE: GENERAL INFORMATION AND REGULATIONS
GENERAL UNDERGRADUATE REGULATIONS