|PhD DISSERTATION REQUIREMENTS SYNOPSIS
1) Dissertation format must be as prescribed by Procedures to Follow in Preparing a Major Paper, Thesis or Dissertation.
2) Copies of the dissertation must be provided to all committee members and two copies to the Office of Graduate Studies at least four weeks before the oral defense, which must occur at least three weeks prior to the Convocation at which the candidate has applied to receive the degree.
3) Public notice of defense must be received in the Office of Graduate Studies and posted in the academic unit at least eight (8) days in advance of the defense date.
4) Following successful defense, the candidate will deposit three copies of the dissertation in the Office of Graduate Studies for binding and distribution (two for the Leddy Library, one for the academic unit).
5) The candidate will validate Form NL/BN50/02, supplied by the Office of Graduate Studies, authorizing the National Library to produce single copies. At the same time the candidate will be required to validate the Non-Exclusive license to the University of Windsor authorizing the University to archive, reproduce and distribute the dissertation. The title page of the disserta-tion, or separate page following, must bear the Universal Copyright Convention symbol ©, full name of author, and year doctoral degree was granted.
6) Fees for above are to be paid at time of deposit of the dissertation in the Office of Graduate Studies .