University Slogan - The degree that works
Graduate Calendar
Upcoming Calendar - Winter 2014

Click here for a Printer Friendly page.

k Links

All documents received become the property of the University and will not be returned.

Action will be taken on an application for admission when all the documents listed below have been received:

1) The online form "Application for Admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies " properly completed.

2) One copy of official or unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work from all colleges or universities attended. If an offer of admission is extended on the basis of unofficial transcripts, final official transcripts must be submitted prior to registration in the program.

3) Completed Confidential Report forms as provided in the application package.

4) Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Applicants whose academic credentials are difficult to assess may be required to write the Graduate Record Examination administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S.A. 08540. Information on the GRE may be obtained from

5) Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT): M.B.A. applicants are required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test prior to admission. Information on the GMAT may be obtained from

6) For applicants whose native language is not English, a satisfactory score on an English proficiency test administered by one of the following institutions:

(a) The Educational Testing Service, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). For information on arranging for this test the applicant should contact or the Office of the Registrar.

(b) The English Language Institute of the University of Michigan, Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Contact melab.htm.

(c) Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment. Contact

(d) International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Contact

(e) The University of Windsor's English Language Improvement Program (ELIP) (level III) with a minimum final grade of 75%.

An applicant who is unable to take one of these tests must present satisfactory alternative evidence of English proficiency. Consideration of alternative evidence may be requested on an exceptional basis by writing to the Dean of Graduate Studies and presenting supporting documentation of English proficiency.

*To view the English Language Proficiency Requirements for admission to undergraduate programs, click here.