University Slogan - The degree that works
Undergraduate Calendar
Upcoming Calendar - Fall 2011

Click here for a Printer Friendly page.

k Links


A student who wishes to take one or more courses of his or her minor, certificate or degree program at another university must request a "Letter of Permission" in advance of registration to ensure that the course(s), if completed successfully, will be credited towards his or her minor, certificate or degree program.

Application for a "Letter of Permission" will be made at the Office of the Registrar
, which shall forward the application to the appropriate AAU Head or Associate Dean for approval. Approval shall be based on the applicant's overall academic record, the appropriateness of the particular course to the applicant's minor, certificate or degree program and on any other factors deemed relevant. Students on academic probation will not usually qualify for a "Letter of Permission". The appropriate fee will apply.

Following approval of the application, the Registrar shall issue a "Letter of Permission" to the applicant and the university concerned.

Upon completion of the course(s) the student must request the visited institution to submit an official transcript for any course(s) attempted to the Office of the Registrar. The course(s) successfully completed with a grade of C- or better will normally be credited towards the
minor, certificate or degree program, but the grade(s) received will neither be recorded nor used in the calculation of University of Windsor averages.
    Students who do not secure a Letter of Permission in advance of completing the course at another university are at risk of coursework not being applied to their University of Windsor minor, certificate or degree program, the determination of which shall be made by the AAU Head or Associate Dean.