President's Honour Roll
Students who maintain a cumulative average of 11.5 or higher will be recognized by the University as University scholars and will have a notation included on their transcript to this effect.
Dean's Honour Roll
The following list the criteria for Dean's Honour Roll in each Faculty. Students who have met the criteria for Dean’s Honour Roll in their Faculty will have a notation included on their transcript to this effect.
1. Must have completed 10 courses in the previous year,
2. Must be enrolled in an Inter-Faculty program on a full-time basis
3. Must have obtained a cumulative average of 11.0 or higher
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
To be eligible for this distinction, a student:
1. Must have completed at least 10 or more courses with a major from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Windsor.
2. Must have obtained an annual cumulative average of at least 11.0 (A-) by the end of the academic year (i.e. the end of the Winter semester).
3. Must have enrolled in courses with a major from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Windsor in at least one semester during the academic year (i.e. Summer, Fall, Winter).
Faculty of Business Administration
For undergraduate students:
1. Students must have been enrolled in a Business program on a full-time basis (i.e. four courses or greater) during at least two of the three semesters during the academic year. (i.e. Summer/Fall, Summer/Winter, or Fall/Winter). One exception applies: Co-op students may have two "working" semesters during an academic year. In this case, full-time enrolled status is required during the "study" semester.
2. Students must obtain an annual GPA and program major annual GPA of 11.0 or greater at the end of the academic year (i.e., the end of the Winter semester).
For graduate students:
1. Students must have been enrolled in a graduate program within the Odette School of Business on a full-time basis during at least two of the three semesters during the academic year. (i.e., Summer/Fall, Summer/Winter, or Fall/Winter).
2. Students will be ranked within each graduate program based on their annual GPA. The top 10% of students within each graduate program will be recognized as Dean’s Honour Roll students, with the caveat that they must also have a minimum annual GPA of 11.0.
Faculty of Education
No Dean’s Honour Roll.
Faculty of Engineering
For a student to be considered for the Engineering Dean’s Honour Roll, she/he must be enrolled in an Engineering program, and must normally have:
1. successfully completed at least 10 courses which are required (or allowed as electives) in the Engineering program at the University of Windsor;
2. registered with full time status in his/her two most recent Engineering regular academic semesters;
3. successfully completed at least 10 Engineering program courses within her/his two most recent regular Engineering academic semesters; and
4. achieved a semester average of at least 11 on the transcript of her/his most recent full time enrolment semester.
Faculty of Graduate Studies
See appropriate Faculty related to your discipline for criteria, if any.
Faculty of Human Kinetics
To be eligible:
1. A student must be enrolled in 5 courses in a semester.
2. A student must have an 11.0 semester GPA or above on 5 or more courses.
The Human Kinetics Dean’s Honour Roll designation is awarded on a semester basis.
Faculty of Law
No Dean’s Honour Roll.
Faculty of Nursing
1. Students will be eligible for the Dean’s Honour Roll once they have completed 10 courses while enrolled in the nursing program and are in good standing at the University of Windsor.
2. Having met the 10-course criteria, membership on the Dean’s Honour Roll will be based on level of demonstrated achievement, i.e., grade point average, in subsequent semesters.
3. The student must be enrolled full-time in the semester for which the grade point is calculated.
4. The student must have achieved a semester grade point of 11.0 as recorded on the transcript.
Faculty of Science
1. At least 10 courses completed at the University of Windsor.
2. Full time status in the fall and winter semesters.
3. Cumulative average of 11 in the most recent winter term.
4. Major average of 11 on the transcript of the most recent winter term. For General Science students replace the major average with the average over all science courses.
5. Registered in a Co-op term in Winter with grades in Fall at required levels.
CALCULATION OF AVERAGES